You’ve worked hard all your life, your children have lives of their own, your obligations and responsibilities are fulfilled… and now you want a place to sit back, relax and enjoy the fruits of all your labour. You certainly deserve it.
As a hot destination with sun, sea, friendly locals and low cost of living, Thailand is an ideal place to make this retirement dream come true.
And the country is well aware of this, offering a retirement visa, officially known as “Extension of Stay Based on Retirement”, an extension of a Non-Immigrant O Visa or Non-Immigrant OA Visa. This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and above who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working. In short, it’s a visa tailored to retirees and their circumstances.
But before you begin booking flights, keep in mind these requirements for visa applicants:
- Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application)
- Applicant is not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979)
- Applicant does not have a criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence
- Applicant must have a nationality of or residence in the country where the visa application is submitted
- Applicant does not have prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation №14 B.E. 2535
- Must meet any of the financial requirements:
- Security deposit of THB 800,000 in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to the visa application
- Monthly Income of 65,000 THB
- Combination of security deposit and annual income with a total of 800,000 THB
If you check these boxes, you can begin the application process in your home country. That’s right, you don’t need to go to Thailand to apply! (This differs depending on country, though, so check with the embassy if it processes the Non-Immigrant Long Stay Visa.)
Read More at the official Medium.com article HERE